Barometer Ivory 70mm
- Ivory face, Brass Bezel & Plexiglas lens.
- Gold Skeleton style barometer mechanism-to match the clocks, thermometers and hygrometers on this website.
- All Ivory weather instruments are the same colour in real life regardless of any colour variations that may appear in the photographs. ( Clock & watch parts are extremely difficult to photograph as the glass & brass are very reflective).
These Ivory faced barometers are available in 4 sizes.
Faces vary slightly been sizes.
|Outside Diameter||Fixing Hole Size||Fixing Method||Mounting Depth||Overall Depth|
|130mm||100mm||Metal fixing pins||20mm||41mm|
|180mm||130||Metal Fixing Pins||20mm||45mm|
If you do not use the fixing ring supplied the minimun hole size for these 70mm & 90mm inserts is 57mm.
- I have been selling these for a number of years now and have found them to be very reliable.
- Matching Thermometers, Hygrometers and Clocks are also available on this website.
- Most Australian Timbers suit the Ivory rather than the Gold faced instruments. These are good value for money and look great set into weather stations.
These use a 63mm drill bit.
Remember to drill the fixing hole completely through the timber so that the instrument can breathe.
To set the instrument.
Check your local weather - you could try this site Willy Weather.
Use a very small screw driver to move the screw at the back of the barometer -so that the barometer needle is pointing to the correct barometric setting.