Daylight Light Saving Set & Forget Quartz High Torque Movement - S&F
Daylight Saving Auto Adjust - Set & Forget Clock Movement.
This is a fantastic new clock movement designed to work in 26 different time zones world wide including SYDNEY.
Suitable for all places in Australia who share the same daylight saving changeover dates.
t is preset to adjust automatically to daylight savings time. No more adjusting clocks forward and back for daylight saving each year. This movement does it automatically - It really does no joking!. As well as that it has a high torque motor . It is designed to work hands up to 45cms. ( This is a world first! for an analogue clock).
Things that you need to know
To find out the proper shaft length size carefully measure the thickness of the material that the clock shaft needs to go through. ( these only come in one size so you need to check that it will fit)
|Dial Thicknes||Threaded Shaft||Overall Shaft Length|
Movement Dimensions 60mm (W)x 75mm(H) x 16mm (D)
Diameter of threaded shaft is 8mm
Second sweep -NO will not run a second sweep.
Life expectancy 10 years
Battery size is AA- not supplied.
Digital Battery included ( has a 5 year life )
These prices include the clock movement & the necessary hardware including Hangers.
If you are repairing a clock movement it is still advisable to purchase new hands as well as giving the clock a nice fresh look it assures a good fit. ( It is easy to damage the clock shaft when attempting to fit wrongly bushed hands and this is not covered by warranty.)
This movement will work hands up to 450mm.
It does not run a second sweep.
- I have been tested at the shop before packing and have arrived ready to give you many years of accurate tick tocking.
- I want us to have a long and happy relationship so here are my rules.
- Ouch don’t use pliers to tighten the hex nut!!! Gently finger tighten only!!!!!! (I wouldn’t use pliers on you!)
- Using hands designed to work on a different brand / style of clock may damage me and will void the warranty.
- I am not designed for weight bearing. Ensure that the clock shaft is not responsible for bearing the weight of the clock.
- DOUBLE SIDED TAPE IS A GREAT WAY TO SECURE THE MOVEMENT TO THE BACK OF THE FACE OF THE CLOCK.
- If my hour hand seems too tight. Gently scrape the inside of the hole with a penknife blade to enlarge the hole. Don’t try and force me onto the hour shaft
- I hate fumes - make sure that I can breathe. Timber and thinner fumes get into the plastic workings and clog them up….
- For high Torque movements please don’t bend the hands- when they are on the clock. The large hands can damage the movement when they are bent whilst still on the clock. Remove the hands to do this and then put them back on the clock.
- If you treat me right I will be accurate to within 2 minutes per year and last for about 10 yrs.